Friday 5 October 2012

DIY EXPLODING SCRAPBOOK BOX

Photobucket

So the other day I dug up an envelope, which was in a file, which was in a drawer so stuffed that I had trouble pulling the file out. In this envelope I found all the little notes my JC classmates wrote for me during graduation, and it bothered me. I needed to do something to make sure they didn't disappear into the corner of my drawer. So I decided to go with an exploding scrapbook box. Want to see how it explodes? ...

Photobucket

Yeahhhh not much impact there but you get the idea. Another person would be very much surprised when they first open it! Its a box that opens up into a 12" by 12" scrapbook page, and I stuck all the precious notes in it.

The idea is to take a 12" by 12" sheet of cardstock, and divide it into nine squares, each of which would be folded later on. From there you decide if you want to have joining squares (eg.top row, bottom-left two squares, two squares on the right), or just single squares (eg. center-left), and then to cut the slits accordingly. After which you can fold along the lines of each square.

To make the cover, measure a square with 4.2" sides. This gave it an extra 0.2" so that the cover would fit over the box nicely, although you could try it with 0.1" because 0.2" feels slightly loose on the box. Add about 1" all around whole square, so as to make the sides. Use the extra corners to stick the sides together, and you've got the cover done!

Now all you have to do is decorate it! You can do it like a scrapbook page, with pictures and all, but here are some examples of what you can do if you want to add in journaling on little notes! :) (I added stickers of words that described the friends that wrote those individual notes. ^^)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now this box of precious notes is sitting on my shelf and every once in a while I only have to reach out for it and think of my friends while reading what they wrote. There's a number that remind me not to give up, who also told me to do my math, a few that are so sweet, one that makes me laugh a bit, one that seems so skeptical, many that make me smile and one that warms my heart and makes me tear up every time. But all make me feel a bit of heartache. Everyone's gone on to do their own thing now, and I do miss them so. I love you all no matter how split up our class was. <3
Eunice


No comments:

Post a Comment